The expression of the project mission coincided with its creation what is called ICOPER Big Picture. The mission of ICOPER is to make Europe the greatest source of ideas when it comes to learning standards and specifications worldwide: inventing, drafting, implementing and adopting them.
Therefore, it is very important to develop a network infrastructure and a roadmapping methodology that will amplify the efforts of the European groups in the domain of competency driven learning:
- Enable scheduling of common activities.
- Structure the discussions among its members.
- Represent the resulting positions in a way that can be easily understood and further developed by others.
The ICOPER Big Picture of outcome based education was discussed in several meetings among ICOPER Partners and with other stakeholders:
- A first important gathering took place during the First Symposium for Competence Development in Berlin, on 3rd December 2008. A dedicated wiki was created prior to the event in order to solicit information on the competency development from the projects doing research in this area (link to meeting’s site).
- A second meeting took place during a pre-workshop meeting of CEN/ISSS WS-LT (Learning Technologies Workshop from the Information Society Standardization System of the European Standardization Committee) in Berlin in April 2009 (link to meeting’s site), were it was decided to create a SIG of competency development for this area. This SIG will provide a consultation base for the continuous development and update of the ICOPER Big Picture, engaging a number of other projects and groups as well, e.g. ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 36/WG 3, the EuroLM, JISC CETIS, ROLE, APOSDLE, TENCompetence, PROLIX, STELLAR, GRAPLE, etc.
- A further annual meeting of the SIG (link to meeting’s site) took place in Berlin on 1st December 2009. The aim was to commence work towards a harmonized model of competency domain.
This site contains the following sub-sites: